Chicken and Herb Vol-au-Vents
This easy recipe for Chicken and Herb Vol-Au-Vents provides a new twist on an old family favourite. You’re in for a real treat!
- Recipe serves2-3
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Robertsons Thyme
- 1 KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Packet ready-made puff pastry
- 300 g Chicken fillets, diced
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Robertsons Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pan heat the olive oil and fry chicken fillets.
- Add the onion, garlic and Robertsons thyme, cook for a few minutes until onions are soft.
- In a separate pot heat milk and add KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Boil until it thickens.
- Add milk mixture to the chicken mixture.
- Check seasoning.
- Vol-au-vents: Using pastry cutters, cut two circles 8cm in diameter.
- Brush one with egg wash.
- Cut a 5 cm diameter circle out of the centre of the second one to obtain a ring.
- Place the ring on top of the first circle, edge to edge.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper, refrigerate.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Brush slightly with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 220°C oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, then push down the centre that has puffed up.
- Spoon filling into the centre of the cases and serve with a crisp salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook