Cheesy Vegetable Tartlets
Enjoy a colourful meal with this vegetarian recipe for Cheesy Veggie Tartlets. The best part? The recipe requires just 1 hour of your time!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g Smooth cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 15 g Stork Margarine
- 1 Large leek, finely sliced
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 packet Puff Pastry
- 100 ml Peas, steamed
- 1 KNORR Classic White Sauce, prepared and cooled
- 100 ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry and cut out 4 circles, about 15 cm in diameter.
- Mark a rim about 1cm in from the edge, taking care not to cut all the way through the pastry.
- Brush with egg.
- Place on greased baking trays and bake for 10 minutes.
- Gently press down the puffed-up centres.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over a low heat gently cook the leek in margarine and oil, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes or until soft.
- Spread the cottage cheese in the centre of the pastry circles and top with the leek mixture.
- Put the tomatoes and peas on top, then pour the cooled sauce over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for a further 10-12 minutes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook