Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
Looking for vegetarian recipes? Here’s a rich, creamy and delicious creamy mushroom supper that your family is sure to love.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 15 ml Oil
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 500 g Assorted mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 100 ml Red wine
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 sachet KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups Cooked brown rice to serve
- 150 ml Sour cream
- 1 cup Finely chopped parsley
- In a large frying pan heat the oil.
- Add spring onions and garlic, sautè over medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook just until they start to soften.
- Pour in the red wine and simmer.
- Add KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents, milk and water as per packet instructions, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon 1 cup brown rice into each serving bowl.
- Spoon mushroom stroganoff over and top with a blob of sour cream and sprinkle with parsley.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook