Hearty Vegetable Stew with Parmesan Dumplings
Piping hot and full of flavour - a heart-warming meal to share with family and friends.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15 ml Oil
- 1 Small red onion, finely diced
- 400 g Tin tomato purée
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cup Frozen cut green beans
- 400 g Tin chickpeas
- 175 g Self-raising flour
- 75 g Grated vegetable fat
- 1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Pinch Robertsons White Pepper
- 1 cup Water to mix
- In a large pan heat oil.
- Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes. Add the tomato purée and the tinned tomatoes.
- Add 400 ml boiling water and the KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Add potatoes, green beans and chickpeas, boil for 20 minutes.
- Dumplings: Sieve the flour into a bowl, add the vegetable fat, parsley, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Next add enough water - about 2-3 tbsp - to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Lightly flour your hands and roll the dough into eight small balls.
- Turn down the heat, add dumplings and leave to simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and the dumplings are cooked through.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook