French Onion Soup with Mozzarella Toasts
A favourite French soup that's perfect on cold winter nights.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15ml White sugar
- 125ml White wine
- 5 Onions, thinly sliced
- 30ml Stork Margarine
- 2 sachets KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Slices French bread
- 500 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a medium stock pot heat water over medium heat.
- Add the contents of the sachets of KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce and stir.
- In a pan melt margarine over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions, sautè until transparent.
- Add wine, then stir in sugar.
- Add onions to heated liquid, stir then allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup mixture into individual serving bowls.
- Place a slice of bread on top, making sure bread gets well soaked. Sprinkle cheese on top of bread.
- Place under the grill until cheese bubbles.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook