Baked Butternut Stuffed with Creamy Brandied Prawns
Prawns, brandy and cream turn this easy recipe into a taste sensation - perfect for any dinner party or for a hearty family meal!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 2 Medium butternut
- 30 ml oil
- 1 kg Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Salt and White Pepper to taste
- 1 Juice of 1 lemon
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 5 ml Mustard powder
- 90 ml Brandy
- 1 KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 250 ml Cream
- 125 g Cream cheese, softened
- Cut butternut in half lengthwise, remove seeds.
- Rub the outside with 15 ml oil.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour in a preheated 160°C oven.
- Season the prawns with salt and white pepper, then squeeze lemon juice over.
- In a pan heat margarine and remaining oil and, fry onions until softened.
- Add the prawns and sauté until pink.
- Add paprika and mustard, remove from heat before adding brandy.
- Light the brandy and return to the heat when the flame is out.
- In a bowl mix the KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce packet contents with the cream.
- Add to the prawns.
- Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Add the cream cheese, continue stirring over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Place the cooked butternut on a serving plate.
- Pour the creamy prawns into the butternut cavity.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook