Creamy Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pie
Planning your evening meal is made easier when you have tasty dinner ideas. This leek, bacon and chicken pie is ideal for quiet evenings.
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 kg Chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Robertsons Salt and Pepper
- 120 g Stork margarine
- 2 Large leeks, washed and sliced
- 6 Rashers bacon, chopped
- 125 ml Fresh parsley
- 160 ml Milk
- 250 ml Cream
- 1 Roll puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200˚C
- Toss chicken in KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce contents and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan melt 40 g margarine, sautè leeks and bacon for 10 minutes until well softened.
- Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining margarine and fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Add leek mixture to pan, add parsley.
- Pour in the milk and cream.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover with pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200°C for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook