Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatballs
Make your own home-made meatballs and, for something a little different, wrap them in bacon and cheese. Serve with pasta and a tomato sauce.
- Recipe serves6-8
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 500 g Mince
- ¼ Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Brown Onion Gravy
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ml Robertsons Crushed Garlic
- 12 Slices streaky bacon
- 12 Slices ready sliced cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except bacon, and mix well.
- Using a 125 ml measuring cup measure out the mince mixture.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each meatball.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with noodles and vegetables.
- OPTIONAL: When cooked, pop a slice of cheese over the meatballs and place under the griller for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook