Hot Dogs with Chickpea and Vegetable Sausages
Here's a great solution to healthy holiday food for the kids and they're fun to make.
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 15 ml Oil
- 1 Red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ml Crushed garlic
- 1 Baby marrow, grated
- 400 g Can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Slices seed bread
- 8 tsp Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 KNORR Brown Onion Gravy
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 375 ml Evenly diced, steamed vegetables (eg: potato, butternut, turnip)
- Oil for frying
- In a pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Sautè onion, add garlic and baby marrow, cook for 5 minutes.
- Place onion and baby marrow into a sieve and press out any liquid.
- Place into a large bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients except the steamed vegetables and oil into a food processor and process until rough.
- Stir the vegetables into the processed mixture, then add to the baby marrow mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
- Roll the mixture into sausage shapes to fit into hotdog rolls.
- Chill for a few minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a frying pan heat oil.
- Fry sausages gently (ensuring they do not break up) until golden brown.
- Serve in hotdog rolls and top with grated cheese if you wish.
- OPTIONAL: Shape into smaller sausages to fit into cocktail rolls.
- Great for picnics and family outings!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook