Savoury Cream Cheese Scones
Served warm with oodles of margarine, these bacon, cream cheese and herb scones will impress guests and family alike. Ideal for freezing too.
- Recipe serves12
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs
- ½ Cup milk
- 5 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Bacon Carbonara Flavour Pasta Sauce
- 2 Eggs (reserve 1 egg for glazing top of scones)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 Small carrot, grated
- ½ cup cream
- 125g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and KNORR Bacon Carbonara flavour Pasta Sauce sachet contents.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, spring onions, carrot and herbs, mix with a fork until combined.
- In a small jug beat together milk, cream and one egg.
- Fold into dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Remember to work very gently with the dough or else the scones will be hard.
- On a floured surface pat the dough into a round circle.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters (flower, star or circles).
- If you dip the cutters in flour first, it makes cutting easier.
- Place the scones on to a greased and floured baking tray.
- Brush tops with lightly beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm, or cool completely and refrigerate or freeze in a heavy Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook