Aromatic Lamb, Brinjal and Coconut Curry
Aromatic curry dinner recipes make a great weekday treat and this lamb and brinjal variation with coconut does just the trick.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 30 ml Vegetable oil
- 5 ml Cumin seeds
- 400 g Lamb, cubed
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Large brinjal, sliced and quartered
- 15 ml Garlic and ginger paste
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- ¼ Bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 125 ml Plain yoghurt
- 8 Buttered naan bread to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and fry for 1 min.
- Add lamb and brown before adding the onion and brinjal.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix ginger & garlic paste and tomato into the saucepan, and cook for about 1 min.
- Mix KNORR Mild Durban Curry Cook-In-Sauce with coconut milk and add to the lamb and brinjal.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 50-60 min, until meat is tender.
- Add coriander and serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt and buttered naan bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook