Fragrant Roast Lamb with Honey and Lavender
This lavender and rosemary-infused roast lamb has a distinct flavour and makes a great Friday night feast for family or friends.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time240 minutes
- 60 ml Honey
- 20 ml Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 20 ml Fresh lavender, finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper
- 4 Garlic cloves, quartered
- 1.4kg Lamb roast
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock Pot dissolved in boiling water
- 50 ml olive oil
- Pierce the roast with the tip of the blade of the knife, insert garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the lavender, rosemary, honey, KNORR Beef Stock Pot and oil together.
- Rub the infused oil over the roast, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place lamb onto a roasting rack and roast in preheated oven at 200°C for 1 hour or until the lamb is medium rare.
- For a longer roasting, reduce the heat to 160°C and roast for 3-4 hours until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- Let the meat rest for 10 min before carving.
- Serve with your favourite accompaniments.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook