Delicious Lamb Casserole with Mustard Dumplings
This lamb casserole is topped with easy-to-make dumplings and is a hearty weekday meal.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time100 minutes
- 1 kg Cubed lamb
- 125 ml Seasoned flour
- 30 ml oil
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 10 Pickling onions, whole
- 3 Leeks, sliced
- 3 Celery sticks, sliced
- 4 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 250 ml Red wine
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 500 ml Water or stock
- 45 ml Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 250 ml Flour
- 5 ml Baking powder
- 15 ml Wholegrain mustard
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 5 ml Oil
- 100 ml Milk
- Nutty brown rice to serve
- Toss meat in seasoned flour, fry in oil until browned and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and pickling onions for a few minutes then add the remaining vegetables and toss them gently for 2 min.
- Add the red wine, KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water and meat to the pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 35-40 min until meat is tender.
- Add rosemary.
- Add hot water if the sauce is too dry.
- To make the dumplings: Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Combine the mustard, egg, oil and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the sifted flour and stir to form a soft dough.
- Place heaped teaspoonful's of the mixture onto the lamb stew in the pot, cover and leave for about 5-6 min.
- Turn the dumplings, cover and cook for a further 5 min.
- Serve with nutty brown rice
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook