Brisket, Cola and Chutney Country Casserole
Give an old favourite an interesting twist! Combine cola, chutney and tomato sauce to create a sweet and spicy sauce for this casserole.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time105 minutes
- 200 ml fruit chutney
- 200 g baby marrows, thickly sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 750 g sliced brisket
- 30 ml oil
- 200 ml tomato sauce
- 1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 340 ml can cola
- 125 ml water
- Heat the oil and brown the brisket, add the onion and sauté until soft, then place in a large casserole dish.
- Top with the potatoes and baby marrows.
- Mix chutney, tomato sauce, KNORR Country Hot Pot Cook-in-Sauce, cola and water together and pour over the casserole.
- Bake at 180°C for about 1½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook