Lamb Knuckle Stew with Red Wine and Butter Beans
Rosemary, red wine and butterbeans make the perfect ingredients for this hearty lamb stew.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time120 minutes
- 3 ml black pepper
- 30 ml Lemon zest
- 3 ml Paprika
- 500 ml cold water
- 1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15 ml Rosemary leaves, chopped
- 60 ml Red wine
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 45 ml Flour
- 50 ml Stork margarine
- 1 kg Lamb knuckles
- 5 ml Dried origanum
- 410 g Tin butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- Nutty brown rice and steamed broccoli to serve
- Heat Stork margarine in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Put lamb, flour and garlic into a plastic bag and shake well to evenly coat the cubes.
- Add the meat to the pan and fry in batches until the meat is browned.
- Add the red wine, and remaining ingredients (except butterbeans) and simmer for 20 min.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 180°C for 1-1½ hours until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the butterbeans 10 min before the end of the cooking time to heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve with nutty brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook