Salami Quiche with a Poppyseed Crust
Quiches are great served hot or cold and this salami, sour cream and herb quiche makes a tasty meal served with a crisp salad.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- For the crust:
- 15 ml Poppy seeds
- 250 ml Cake flour
- 250 ml grated Cheddar cheese
- 125 g Stork margarine
- For the filling:
- 190 ml grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Slices salami, chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml Finely chopped green peppers
- 20 g Stork margarine
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 200 ml Sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- 180 ml Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor and process until the dough comes together.
- Spread the pastry evenly in a flan or quiche dish.
- Heat Stork margarine in a frying pan and sautè the green peppers and onion for 3 min, stirring frequently.
- Add the salami and stir through.
- Spread this mixture over the bottom of the uncooked base and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over.
- Add the contents of KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake to sour cream and mix together well.
- Add the eggs and milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour this mixture carefully over the cheese and bake for approximately 45 min until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool for 10 min before cutting and serving.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook