Herby Chicken Stew with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Mushrooms and mixed herbs give this chicken stew added flavour. Serve during the week with brown rice.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- ½ tsp Roberstons Mixed Herbs
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml Water
- 15 ml Tomato paste
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 250 g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 500 g Chicken Pieces, skin removed
- 15 ml oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water and KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Add mixed herbs and season to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with phutu or rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook