KNORR Salad Dressings are incredibly versatile in the kitchen!
Our delicious KNORR Salad Dressings add so much interest and variety to fresh salads, AND they can be used in many other ways to add wonderful flavour to your family meals. Read on for top tips from Chef Wendy!
• No need to waste time making complicated marinades – KNORR Salad Dressings work brilliantly, helping to flavour and tenderise meat and chicken. Try our delicious Beef and Red Pepper Kebabs!
• KNORR Salad Dressings are great for drizzling over salads that contain avocado, pear, apple or any fruit or vegetable that is prone to discolouration. Simply toss the salad ingredients in your favourite KNORR Salad Dressing, and place into the fridge – this way, you’ll be able to prepare your salad slightly ahead of time.
• KNORR Yoghurt & Herb Salad Dressing is a great alternative to mayonnaise when dressing coleslaw or potato salad. You can also combine it with an equal quantity of mayonnaise - or even yoghurt, if you like!
• KNORR Salad Dressings can be used to dress warm or cold salads without your having to worry about the dressing splitting (which can often happen when preparing a home-made vinaigrette).
• Our range of dressings can be used to add flavour to wraps for picnics or lunchboxes. Use just a drizzle, so you don’t end up with a soggy wrap!
• Do you know that KNORR Salad Dressings can be used to make bread crumbs stick to chicken, fish, veggies or cheese? Use a dressing of your choice instead of the usual egg or milk. Not only will the dressing add extra flavour, but it will also help tenderise the meat.
• Use KNORR Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing in place of blue cheese. More often than not, you will buy a wedge of blue cheese only to use half of it, and then end up with a piece of mouldy blue cheese that you have to discard. Combine the dressing with crispy bacon, chopped spring onions and boiled potatoes for an interesting twist on traditional potato salad. Or use it to dress any butternut salad – a great flavour combination! Or how about creating a warm pasta salad using this dressing? Try these recipes:
• Use your favourite KNORR Salad Dressing to prepare roast potatoes – simply brush it over your potatoes before and during roasting (use in place of fat). Or combine it with some softened margarine and crushed garlic, and brush this mixture over the potatoes. (Here are our Ten Top Tips for Perfect Roast Potatoes.)
• No need to stick to leafy salads when using a KNORR Salad Dressing – use it to add flavour and to moisten your favourite couscous salad! Many people complain that they do not enjoy couscous because it is dry, gritty or sandy tasting.
• Try using your favourite KNORR salad dressings as sauces to go with grilled chicken or steak during the warmer months. No preparation involved, and a nice change from your normal mushrooms or cheese sauce!
• Instead of making a tomato-based hot sauce for pasta, use any of the range of KNORR Creamy Salad Dressings. So quick and easy!
• Brush your favourite KNORR Salad Dressing over chicken before roasting it – it makes a great alternative to fat when baking whole chickens or chicken pieces. This will add unique flavour and help to crisp up the skin of the chicken.
• Use a KNORR dressing on your favourite seafood – drizzle it over hake fillets before baking them in the oven, or combine it with spices, garlic and chopped coriander and use as a marinade or basting for your prawns on the braai.
• KNORR Salad Dressings make great instant dips to go with crisps, veggie sticks, chicken nuggets and French fries!