Here are our top tips for making the most of this incredibly versatile product.
1. Using a Cook-In-Bag couldn't be easier: simply place your meat and/or vegetables into the bag (a maximum of 1.5 kg), and season with the dry Knorr mixture. Then close the bag at the end with the blue tie supplied.
3. Many of our recipes, however, do include liquid of some sort. In this chicken & broccoli recipe, for example, Chef Wendy has added cream and basil pesto. Beer lends great flavour to her BBQ chicken recipe, and this yummy Portuguese-style Chicken is sharpened with a little lemon juice. Wine, cider, fruit juice, yoghurt, chutney, mustard and honey are some other ingredients you can add to your bag.
4. Whole chickens, chicken pieces and boneless chicken fillets can all be roasted in a Cook-In-Bag – you’ll be amazed at the tender, juicy result! Just be sure not to exceed the 1.5 kg weight limit.
5. TOP TIP: If you’d like extra golden colour on your chicken skin, carefully tear open the bag 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Be careful of any escaping steam.
6. Beef, pork, lamb and veggies such as potatoes and beetroot also cook beautifully in a Cook-In-Bag. Try Chef Wendy’s roast beef, or her gorgeous lamb & rosemary casserole. How about making Sweet & Sticky Spare Ribs in a bag, or perhaps this unusual Asian-style pork loin?
7. Cook-In-Bags help you to cook dishes that taste like they’ve been marinated for hours. Special marinating ingredients such as roasted onion, ground black peppercorns, garlic and thyme are blended into our recipes. Our baking bag then seals in the flavours which infuse into the chicken as it cooks.
8. Seal the bag at the end using the little blue plastic ‘cable tie’ that comes wrapped around the folded-up roasting bag.
9. Be sure not to over-fill your bag with ingredients. Follow the recommended weight of meat or the quantity of veggies specified in the recipe and do not exceed 1.5 kg total weight in the bag. Don’t use roasts with sharp protruding bones, as these may pierce the bag.
10. No need to preheat your oven. Always place your Cook-In-Bag on a baking tray on the lowest rack of the oven. Make sure the top grill element of your oven is turned off for the duration of the cooking time. No need to pierce any holes in the bag or make any incisions.
11. KNORR Cook-In-Bags are certified Halaal, and suitable for vegetarians!
12. Cook-In-Bags are designed for safe use in ordinary ovens, and should not be used in gas ovens, convection ovens, microwaves, slow cookers or pressure cookers.